Is there really a conspiracy? Let's see.
1. Semirara is owned by the 5th richest man in the Philippines, David Consunji of DMCI (http://www.rappler.com/business/21968-one-of-ph-s-richest-own-semirara)
2. Semirara Mining Corporation mines coal in Caluya, Antique. It has experienced significant loses and expects earnings to recover in the second half of the year on the strength of its power generation business, offsetting the weakness of its coal mining operations. (http://www.interaksyon.com/business/72438/as-coal-business-sags-semirara-looks-to-power-to-boost-profit). Take note, DMCI is losing money thus it enters power generation business.
3. DMCI was contracted by Palawan Electric Cooperative to construct a 15-MW coal fired power plant in Narra, Palawan but it was met with protests so they relocated the project to San Juan in Aborlan, Palawan (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/488875/palawan-coal-plant-meets-protests-anew).
(PALECO alleges that there is a need for additional power to address the incessant brownouts. However, PALECO's report of October 2013 says that power is sufficient. See http://coalisbusted.blogspot.com/2013/11/paleco-october-2013-report-shows-power.html)
4. Barangay officials of San Juan went to La Paz, Iloilo and conducted an ocular inspection/interview of people who claimed that the coal plant poses no risk to the environment. Their claim runs counter to what was reported in Panay News (http://www.panaynewsphilippines.com/component/content/article/7662-empty-promises.html).
5. Despite the strong opposition of the people of Aborlan as expressed in a series of public consultations and barangay assemblies, the Sangguniang Bayan (Legislative Body) approved a resolution endorsing the project to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan. They timed it when the Kagawads who are opposed to the project went out during a brief recess of the session. The Municipal Mayor of Aborlan approved the endorsement without second thoughts for he sees no reason to disapprove a project which he perceives to be pro-development. He explained that if ever he vetoes the resolution, the Kagawads will endorse it anyway so why delay the process? (http://coalisbusted.blogspot.com/2013/11/mayor-jaime-ortega-of-aborlan-palawan.html)
6. Before October ended, when virtually every Palaweno was busy cleaning the tombs of their dead, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan held a special session to approve the 15-MW coal-fired power plant. The news was aired in a local radio station and it caught many by surprise. (https://www.facebook.com/Dzip864RadyoPalaweno/posts/459402880843889).
7. On November 4, 2013, the people of Aborlan staged an indignation rally to express their anger towards the action of the Sangguniang Bayan, perceived to be traitors to the people who elected them to office. You see, Aborlan residents did not waiver in expressing their opposition to the project(https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.181453665383840.1073741829.178264855702721&type=3).
8. Vice Governor Dennis Socrates calls the decision to approve the coal-fired power plant as "political will" and that the Sangguniang Panlalawigan decided "in favor of development" (http://coalisbusted.blogspot.com/2013/11/vice-governor-of-palawans-remarks-on.html)
9. Governor Alvarez was consistent in his support of the project from the start as he verbalized during DMCI's education campaigns in a local university, in providing trucks to haul alleged YES TO COAL supporters from other communities, and as he expressed during a radio interview where he belittled the number of Aborlan residents who oppose the coal plant. He has claimed repeatedly that the coal plant is safe, contrary to the information found in reputable sources cited by environmentalists and scientists.
PEOPLE, IT IS HOW THIS COAL-FIRED POWER PLANT WAS SHOVED DOWN THE THROAT OF EVERY PALAWENO.
THEY SCRAMBLED TO APPROVE THE PROJECT DESPITE THE FACT THAT PALECO HAS SUFFICIENT POWER! ARE THOSE BROWNOUTS DONE ON PURPOSE TO SET THE STAGE FOR THIS BIG DRAMA?
THEY PUSHED THROUGH WITH IT WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS THAT COAL IS THE DIRTIEST FUEL AND HIGHEST CONTRIBUTOR OF GREENHOUSE GASES! DESPITE THE FACT THAT COAL PLANTS ARE BEING CLOSED IN SOME OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD! DESPITE THE DAMAGES THAT COAL PLANTS CAN DO TO THE ENVIRONMENT!
NOW, CONNECT THE DOTS AND DECIDE WHETHER THERE IS INDEED A CONSPIRACY.